Support the Local Electricity Bill
The potential for community renewable energy to benefit local economies is being blocked by unfair regulations and hugely disproportionate costs. Power for the People has drafted the Local Electricity Bill and are campaigning for it to be made law. This would give community-scale renewable energy a massive boost by empowering communities to sell their energy directly to local people.
So far, there is a cross-party group of 201 MPs on board in support and this month Good Energy publically backed the Bill too. This is a big moment as they’re the first licensed electricity supplier to do so, and the chances of being able to push the Bill through into law are looking stronger than ever. Please help the Bill to be enacted by signing the petition or writing to your MP to support the Bill.
- 2020-09-09 Support the Local Electricity Bill
- 2020-09-07 Next Steps in Community Energy - CES Report
- 2020-06-24 CARES funding available to help communities make a green recovery
- 2020-06-08 Support the Local Electricity Bill
- 2020-06-02 Joint response to Contracts for Difference consultation
- 2020-02-13 The Future of Community Energy
- 2019-12-11 Canna CREE project wins SGEA Community Award
- 2019-12-04 CES 2019 Annual Review published
- 2019-10-30 'Community Action on the Climate Emergency' Event
- 2019-04-15 ENERGY ON THE EDGE: RENEWABLE ENERGY AND BATTERY SYSTEM FOR THE ISLE OF CANNA OPENS