Community Energy Scotland Response to Smart Export Guarantee Consultation
A joint response to the Smart Export Guarantee consultation has been issued by Community Energy Scotland, Community Energy England and Community Energy Wales.
CES welcomes the government’s intention to ensure that small-scale electricity generators are paid for their contributions to the system and that the value of community energy has been recognised. However, as currently proposed, CES believes that the SEG will not effectively incentivise new small-scale generation and will not lead to new community energy developments. We urge BEIS to now develop measures specifically designed to enable new community energy projects to meet the potential they have to drive the development of a more localised smart energy system.
Access our full response here.
- 2019-04-15 ENERGY ON THE EDGE: RENEWABLE ENERGY AND BATTERY SYSTEM FOR THE ISLE OF CANNA OPENS
- 2019-04-03 Energy system of the future to be demonstrated in Orkney
- 2019-03-13 Engaging Community Energy in Local Project Aspirations
- 2019-03-11 Community Energy Scotland Response to Smart Export Guarantee Consultation
- 2019-03-05 OFGEM Targeted Charging Review (TCR) ‘Minded to’ consultation & Future Charges consultation
- 2019-01-16 CES Strategy for 2018-2021 Published
- 2019-01-09 Western Isles Electric Vehicle Survey Now Open!
- 2018-12-06 CES awarded over £110,000 from SP Energy Networks’ Green Economy Fund
- 2018-11-29 CES Annual Review Released
- 2018-08-31 CES Response to the Future of Small-scale Low-carbon Generation Consultation