Western Isles set out local energy agenda
CES is pleased to announce the final agenda for its Western Isles Community Energy Conference 2018.
The line-up features local speakers and international guests from the University of Flensburg, Germany.
As well as tackling the current situation in the Western Isles, and work which can be done on local facilities, talks will look to the future of community renewables, with local supply, hydrogen generation and hydrogen ferries on the agenda.
Two workshop sessions will allow delegates to join discussions on topics such as local energy economies – where the value of energy is maximised by pairing a source with a demand in the same vicinity.
The conference will take place on Thursday 8th March from 9.30am–4pm at Leverburgh Hall, Harris. Community Energy Scotland's AGM will be held from 1–1.30pm in the same venue.
If you would like to book a place at the conference, please get in touch with Kirsten Macdonald on Kirsten.Macdonald@communityenergyscotland.org.uk or 01851 707880.
- 2018-03-09 Combining Forces at the Western Isles Community Energy Conference
- 2018-03-05 International students model of efficiency
- 2018-02-27 Western Isles set out local energy agenda
- 2018-02-19 Community energy representatives gather in Harris
- 2018-02-05 Fighting for FiTs
- 2018-01-17 Your views on 'Use of System' charging
- 2017-12-04 Annual Review released
- 2017-11-16 Eday community taps its energy and its creativity
- 2017-11-14 SSEN opens forum to smaller generators
- 2017-10-31 10:10 helps you see the LED light