CES welcomes £5m Scottish Government support for communities
CES has welcomed the Scottish Government announcement that the CARES funding programme has been revamped and is open for applications.
Paul Wheelhouse MSP, the Minister for Business, Energy & Innovation, told the 2018 CARES Conference that the Community and Renewable Energy Scheme has been allocated £5m in the current financial year, across three funding streams:
- Enablement grants of up to £25k for early stage work
- Development loans, maximum £150k, for work leading up to construction
- Innovation grants, also up to £150k, for projects that address challenging issues using less established technologies
Community Energy Scotland Chief Executive, Nicholas Gubbins, welcomed the move: "This is a significant announcement. The innovation grants in particular will help our members take forward projects that face specific local obstacles."
CES has a track record of working with our members and with Local Energy Scotland (the CARES administrators), to source and trial energy innovations that meet real people's needs, in communities across Scotland.
- 2019-01-16 CES Strategy for 2018-2021 Published
- 2019-01-09 Western Isles Electric Vehicle Survey Now Open!
- 2018-12-06 CES awarded over £110,000 from SP Energy Networks’ Green Economy Fund
- 2018-11-29 CES Annual Review Released
- 2018-08-31 CES Response to the Future of Small-scale Low-carbon Generation Consultation
- 2018-08-28 Free innovation event
- 2018-07-06 CES recruiting in Orkney
- 2018-06-28 Low carbon transport ideas? Bank on us
- 2018-05-18 South of Scotland enterprise consultation
- 2018-04-19 CES welcomes £5m Scottish Government support for communities