CES represents members in Energy Strategy consultation
The Scottish Government's consultation on its draft Energy Strategy closed on May 31st and CES has fed in views on behalf of our members.
Our Chief Executive, Nicholas Gubbins, gave evidence to the Parliament's Economy, Jobs and Fair Work committee that is scrutinising the Strategy document.
He underlined the value of democratising the energy system. Partnerships (such as those community energy schemes are so often built around) can achieve more than simply urging individuals to become savvy consumers.
Nicholas also urged the MSPs not to retreat from ambitions for true community ownership of renewable energy developments, aware that other terms such as "locally-owned" blur the definition.
Our full written submission backs up these arguments with examples of how innovative technology and business models are already being put into practice across Scotland.
You can download our submission as a PDF.
- 2017-08-15 Back to school for Absolute Solar and Wind
- 2017-08-09 Work with us to boost your community's travel choices
- 2017-07-19 Infrastructure and Innovation Fund reopens
- 2017-06-26 Deadline extended by M&S Energy
- 2017-06-23 Join the communities celebrating local energy
- 2017-06-19 The Energy Rebellion: Film Tour
- 2017-06-16 CES windfarm highly commended
- 2017-06-01 CES represents members in Energy Strategy consultation
- 2017-05-15 Sign up for joined-up thinking on energy
- 2017-04-24 Fishermen Three gain recognition